Key findings of the Customer Service in 2027 report
We’ve conducted an in-depth, global report that looks at how automation, RPA and artificial intelligence (AI) will transform the way brands deliver customer service over the next decade. Here we look at the key findings from the report.
• 27% of contact center operations could be automated by 2022, rising to 45% by 2027 if the right technology is implemented.
• 80% of enterprises are currently investing in AI. Technologies such as robotic process automation (RPA), artificial intelligence (AI) and big data analytics, are allowing companies to automate entire workflows creating new efficiencies and ways of interacting with customers.
• 62% of customers now view the contact center as a competitive differentiator. This will result in contact centers becoming a central part of the brand experience with high-quality customer service being offered across more product lines and channels.
• Automation can potentially reduce the time it takes to complete a task by 49%, almost doubling employee productivity.
• 69% of activities in the contact center could potentially be addressable by AI and RPA. However, the corporate world rarely adopts new technology because it’s possible, so we forecast the actual impact to be much less.
• In 2017 400bn customer interactions took place in one year. We expect this figure to rise to 3,000bn by 2027, as consumer demand increases due to the introduction of new services.
• More than 80% of consumers would pay more for a better customer experience. How a company treats its customers and, importantly, how it makes them feel, is now considered one of the most important factors influencing the buying decision.